- To lead the growth strategy for the portfolio.
- P&L management and accountability
- To recruit, develop and engage a team to deliver the portfolio’s medium and long term goals
Revenue and profit
- Work with the SLT to develop a 5 year financial and strategic plan for the portfolio.
- Ensure the teams are engaged in the budgeting process and have the resources and support necessary to achieve or exceed budgeted revenue and profit, as well as long term financial growth
Growth of existing exhibitions
- Work with the regional VP to develop a strategy that delivers long-term financial growth. To develop a strategy that ensures our events are innovative, include valuable content and continue to grow our audience
- To develop a launch strategy that includes geo-adapting current events into new territories, developing new events in adjacent product sectors and new products for the existing market
- Recruit and retain key personnel who have the ambition and skills to develop their careers.
- Ensure all managers are fully engaged in the appraisal process and that all team members have regular appraisals and a clear career path to success.
People Management/Team Focus
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills (lead by example, behaviors)
- Recruit, motivate, engage and empower a team
- Communicate effectively with the team and engage them in the portfolio and divisional strategy.
- Develop individual and team capability
- Contribute fully to wider business issues
- Delegate and empower team members to allow time to focus on strategic growth
- Conduct biannual appraisals and review the career development of each member of the team
- Develop a succession plan for the role.
- Coach at a range of levels on business and operational issues
- Communicate business direction to team members and engage them in the strategy
- Manage and develop key stakeholder relationships
- Manage venue relationships
- Establish monthly forecasting process to determine likely show result in budget tracker
- Achieve revenue and contribution budget/forecast
- Deliver on annual budgets and 5 year plans
- Monthly management reporting to a high standard and within deadline
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- A proven track record in Trade Exhibitions and publishing is essential
- 7 years plus experience within Events with 2-3 years as an Event Director
- 2-3 years full budget control and forecasting experience
- Proven record of launching new events & developing existing events demonstrating YoY growth.
- Financial management and planning
- Staff and team management
- Exhibition management
- Launching B2B Events