Event Director (Arabic)
- Maintain regular contact and visit existing and potential clients to ensure current and new business is developed along with monitoring competitor activity to identify new strategies for the event.
- Seek out, evaluate and develop new business opportunities through organic growth/new product development to maximize revenues and establish / maintain relationships with partners.
- Responsible for converting strategic objectives into tactical plans, and leading the execution of these across sales, marketing, content and operations.
- Work closely with the Sales Director for the commercial management and development of the event to deliver agreed new business and renewal revenue targets within time and cost constraints.
- Support the Portfolio Director to manage and deliver the event P&L.
- Monitor sales performance and track in comparison to forecasts.
- Oversee the development of the marketing strategy & work with the Senior Marketing Manager to improve the overall visitor experience to the event.
- Oversee the operational preparations for the event and ensure that these are delivered to a high standard
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- P&L experience mandatory
- Develop sponsorship and branding opportunities within your product location and develop cross product opportunities.
- Ensure the database is managed to maximize its effectiveness and achieve Sales and Sponsorship targets. Appoint and manage Agent network.
- To provide Agent support and information on any new developments, sales tools, marketing opportunities, trend along with achieving new business and ensuring customer retention rates are achieved.
- Communicate business direction to team members through communication channels and manage and develop key stakeholder relationships.
- Monitor ongoing performance against budget through monthly review of revenue and costs using the budget tracker.
- Establish monthly forecasting process to determine likely show result in budget tracker.
- Oversee the development of the marketing strategy and marketing objectives for the event(s).
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- 5-7 years’ experience within Events with 2-3 years project management experience
- 3-5 years People Management experience
- Full budget control and forecasting experience